- Location: Pumareña
- Terrain: Facing West
- Elevation: 650 m
- Annual rainfall: 800 lt/sq.m
- Climate: Atlantic
- Soil: Slate with clay
- Vine Age: 100 years old. Planting density: 3500 plants/Ha
- Pruning: Goblet
- Irrigated: No. Producción: 0.8 -1 kg/plant
- Harvest: End of September and begining of October
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: 10-15 days Maceration: 3 months
- Aging: 18 months in traditional underground stone celler
- Barrels: 8-10 year old Bordaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Si Filtered: No
- Production: 1500-1800 bottles/year
- Grape Variety: 70% Mencía y 30% Palomino Fino
Wine color is dark cherry with brownish hues.
Juicy black currant scents are followed by earth notes and blackberries. Subtle hints of leather, the freshness of pine and elegant musk is followed by the delicacy of lavender.
Finally the sweetness of cinnamon combined with truffle touches complete a complex and refined nose.
The attack is soft and round, gradually growing wide in you mouth.
It is savory and saline bringing memories of paprika, cumin and sea salt. It has a silky touch which nicely combines with a crisp freshness.