- Location: Villanueva de Gumiel (Burgos) – Ribera del Duero
- Terrain: Facing West
- Elevation: 900 meters
- Annual Rainfall:
- Climate: 450-500 l/sq.m
- Soil: Red sand with pebbles
- Vine age: 55 years old Planting Density: 3100 per Ha
- Pruning: Vaso (Goblet)
- Irrigated: No Production: 1-1.5 Kg/plant
- Harvest: Beginning of October
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: The first must is separated from the skins and as it starts fermenting, it is transferred to the barrel, where it also undergoes malolactic fermentation
- Maceration: Short maceration in contact with their skins
- Aging: It stays in the same barrels where it fermented until bottled
- Barrels: 8 to 10 year old Bordeaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Grape Varieties: 100% Tempranillo
Wine color is slightly more tinted than expected and ruby red.
Direct and fragrant on the nose it displays a very fresh palette of aromas featuring wild red berries, shrubbery and pine scents, a milky touch and strokes of dark soil. Very clean and balanced.
The attack on the mouth is fresh, lightweight and very fruity. Tannins are very tasty, enhanced by smoky and spicy flavors brought by the swirling of the wine in the glass.
It has beautiful acidity, medium body and it is longer than anticipated. A very nice and accessible wine, Goyo’s interpretation of a classic among Spanish wines