- Location: Anguix (Burgos) – Ribera del Duero
- Terrain: High Plain
- Elevation: 900 meters
- Annual Rainfall: 450-500 l/sq.m
- Climate: Continental
- Soil: White sand with pebbles
- Vine age: 100 years old Planting Density: 3100 per Ha
- Pruning: Vaso (Goblet)
- Irrigated: No Production: 0.8-1 Kg/plant
- Harvest: End of September beginning of October
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: From 20 to 30 days
- Maceration: 10-15 days in cold temperature
- Aging: 3 years in traditional, underground stone celler
- Barrels: 8-10 year old Bordaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Production: 2,500 bottles/year
- Grape Varieties: 85% Tempranillo (tinta del país) 15% albillo
Wine color is bright cherry with ruby red hues.
Elegant strokes of black olives on the nose with smoked scents. As it blends with oxygen its complexity increases bringing pencil lead and ferric touches.
The work of time and temperature brings herbs such as bay leaves and thyme with the spiciness of black pepper and paprika. The finesse of tobacco leaves and old wood complete a very stylish and deep nose.
The black olives travel from nose to mouth in harmony with crispy cherries, fresh raspberries and a hint of citrus fruit. It has a wide structure and a very long finish. It is very palatable, meaty to the touch and its high acidity grants a long and delicious life.