- Location: Villanueva de Gumiel
- Terrain: Facing west
- Elevation: 900 m
- Annual rainfall: 450-500 lt per sq. meter
- Climate: Continental
- Soil: Red soil with pebbles
- Vine Age: 55 Planting Density: 3100 cepas/Ha
- Pruning: Goblet
- Irrigation: No. Production: 1-1.5 kg/plant
- Harvest: From October 15 to 25 Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: 10-15 days Maceration: 3 months
- Aging: 1 year in traditional, underground stone celler
- Barrels: 8-10 year old Bordaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Production: 3000 bottles/year
- Grape Variety: 100% Tempranillo (tinta del país)
Wine color is dark cherry with a violet rim.
Before swirling flowers aromas of violet petals are the first to arise followed by the sweetness of ripe cherries.
As we slowly swirl the glass it gradually deepens into a forest of wet grounds, tree branches and wild berries: red currants and blueberries, refreshed by pine scents from high mountains, slate and pencil lead.
The attack is powerful, with strong tannins yet seamlessly integrated. It is cool and warm at the same time, with a ripe red fruit flavour over a bed of black stone.
It gradually widens in volume bringing sweet touches of hard candy. It is persistent and it grows increasingly fresh thanks to its high acidity, featuring balsamic flavours.