- Location: Olmedillo de Roa (Burgos) – Ribera del Duero
- Terrain: Plain
- Elevation: 860 meters above sea level
- Annual Rainfall: 450-500 l/sq.m
- Climate: Continental
- Soil: Red sand on the surface and limestone underneath
- Vine age: 100 years old Planting Density: 2000-2500 per Ha
- Pruning: Vaso (Goblet)
- Irrigated: No Production: 1-1.2 Kg/plant
- Harvest: End of September beginning of October
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: From 20 to 30 days
- Maceration: 10-15 days in cold temperature
- Aging: 3 years in traditional, underground stone celler
- Barrels: 8-10 year old Bordaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Production: 2,500-2,600 bottles/year
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo (tinta del país) and 5-10% albillo
Wine color is dark cherry with burgundy hues.
Deep and fragrant on the nose it requires a little time as it is initially shy. Your patience will be rewarded with fresh red and black fruit which will be turning riper as it slowly opens up. You will also notice intense pine strokes combined with delicate scents of blue flowers and the elegance of graphite.
The mouth combines high acidity which provides delicious crispiness with a silky smooth touch. It is full-bodied, fruity and savoury at the same time with a hint of saltiness.