- Location: La Aguilera (Burgos) – Ribera del Duero
- Terrain: Facing North-Northwest
- Elevation: 880 meters
- Annual Rainfall: 450-500 l/sq.m
- Climate: Continental
- Soil: Red sand with pebbles
- Vine age: 40 years old Planting Density: 3100 per Ha
- Pruning: Vaso (Goblet)
- Irrigated: No Production: 1-1.5 Kg/plant
- Harvest: Between October 1 and 15
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: From 10 to 15 days
- Maceration: 3 months
- Aging: 1 year in traditional, underground stone celler
- Barrels: 8-10 year old Bordaux ultra thin stave barrels
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Production: 5,000 bottles/year
- Grape Varieties: 100% Graciano
Wine color is very dark cherry, nearly black, with a violet rim.
Shy to display aromas at first, it gradually opens up to deep and dark fruit scents, strokes of graphite and slate together with the spiciness of black pepper. The work of time and oxygen will bring you crispy notes of raspberries and cherries above a bed of liquid cream refreshed with balsamic hints of pine.
The attack is fresh and tannins are soft, round. Its well-balanced acidity provides tension in contrast with the ripeness of red fruit, delicate flowers and sparks of spices.
Very long, persistent and complex, yet amazingly easy to drink.