- Location: La Aguilera (Burgos) – Ribera del Duero
- Terrain: Facing North-Northwest
- Elevation: 880 meters
- Annual Rainfall:
- Climate: 450-500 l/sq.m
- Soil: Red sand with pebbles
- Vine age: 40 years old Planting Density: 3100 per Ha
- Pruning: Vaso (Goblet)
- Irrigated: No Production: 1-1.5 Kg/plant
- Harvest: Between October 1 and 15
- Destemmed: Yes Crushed: No
- Fermentation: From 10 to 15 days
- Maceration: 3 months
- Aging: It is not aged
- Cold Stabilization: Yes Filtered: No
- Production: 40,000 bottles/year
- Grape Varieties: 100% Tempranillo (Tinta del país)
Wine color is dark cherry with a blue violet rim.
The nose opens with very fresh forest and undergrowth scents, followed by crispy black currants and black olive strokes.
It grows deep and dark with sparks of black pepper, eucalyptus and mint, balanced by graphite and iron touches together with a spot of liquor and the spiciness of cumin.
Pure, clean and fresh.
The mouth starts with the same freshness as the nose and a slightly sweet and bitter flavour.
It is meaty, long and persistent. It gradually increases complexity displaying black olives and savoury spices flavours such as saffron, bay leave and cumin seeds finishing with a saline farewell.